Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blessings Come.....When You Listen!

This summer I was approached with the possibility of teaching 6th grade. Being that I love and adore my 8th graders, every single year, I didn't really see this being an option. I felt content, happy, and in love with my job. So, why change anything? However, when I took a step back and remembered why I was ultimately there, I remembered it was for a bigger purpose. God wanted me there. But maybe this was God's plan, especially since it felt that a complicated and uncomfortable one. So, I told my principal and good friend, that I would teacher wherever they needed me! I prayed for God to place me where I could do His work. Well, here we are a month later and I am a 6th grade teacher! I LOVE it! I love my new room (that you can check out in the above video), and I already love my kids! I have felt so much more motivated and in love with my job since I became a part of the 6th grade team! It has also helped that I have a team of great teachers to work with this year :) They ROCK!

I am really excited about the adventures that are to come my way this year. I am hoping to accomplish a lot, and to really be a better educator to my cute new 6th grade babies. This summer I had a lot of time off (because of my wonderful husband!), and during that time I set some goals for myself. I really hope to grow a lot as a colleague, teacher, staff member, and team player. I know I have a lot more to learn, and I am just so excited to start!

Now, for the backlash of this new assignment! I have been working SOOOOO hard! I don't know how I would be getting through this without the grace of God! I have been working 13 hour days at my school, and attending M.A. classes, and taking online classes for my CLAD certificate. So exhausting. I am trying to not lose my sanity, or push my husbands patients. He asks me about 10 times a day when I am coming home :) He is too good to me! But, hopefully before the end of next week I should get organized enough to only work my contractual hours, ha ha! Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me, please!

Time for a Mommy update! She is doing really really well! She has lost 17 pounds during the first week after her surgery. She is already feeling healthier, and motivated to make a positive change for her and my Daddy! Thank you again for your prayers.

I have to go! The family is yelling my name :) It's time to be a good daughter! Love all of you, I will be back again soon.

xox

Harmony Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment