Sunday, August 30, 2009

Educational Growth (& Updates)

When I graduated High School I never saw myself as the type to attend school the complete duration of my life. However, that seems to be exactly what I am doing. I have attended structured educational settings since September of 1987. I have obtained my High School Diploma and my B.A.E.. I am currently one class away from my M.A. in Education, 3 classes away from my Administrative Credential, and 2 classes away from my CTEL Certificate! Wow! A lot of school, right?! Now that these programs are coming to an end I am debating enrolling in the Doctoral program that Point Loma will be offering soon.

Although my motivations may seem clear, I feel that there are MANY reasons for my extended educational excursion. A few of these are;
1. Better myself in my career
2. Earn more money
3. Open the door for more employment opportunities
4. Get out of paying student loans
5. Gain the education and experience needed for future goals
As you can tell there are many diverse reasons for my continued efforts in education. Overall, I enjoy to process, but it can be stressful at times.

Right now I am feeling some stress from the amount of work I will need to accomplish over the next 2 months. I am preparing for a new grade level, taking online courses, taking courses once a week at Point Loma, and trying to stay positive, energetic, and happy! Now don't get me wrong, I know this is all possible with A LOT of prayer and FAITH! I just want to reach these educational goals while juggling personal, marital, relational, and social goals all at the same time!

Phew! That's exhausting just to type :) Please keep me in your prayers, and any encouragement, words, or advice are greatly appreciated.

In other news......

Ceasar and I are thinking about volunteering some of our time. We aren't sure for what organization we want to work with, but we know we both have felt the desire to get out there and serve. I will keep y'all posted on our search.

Ceasar is started school tomorrow! He has torn some ligiments in his right foot that will not allow for him to play soccer :(, so he will be attending ELAC this Fall to start his Gen. Eds. I am so excited for him. We are so blessed to have this opportunity to have close to no bills so that he can pursue the avenues God has for him. God is good!

My Mommy is going in for surgery tomorrow at 9 am. Please keep her in your prayers. I promise to update everyone on her status, but we all have faith in a fast, healthy, and uneventful recovery! We have faith!

I think that's all our news for now :) Love you all for your support! Have a great Sunday.

xox

Harmony Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment